Friday night kicked off with some drinks at the local at my (old) work. Yep, game over for Nickelass at that media company. Was a good night except the insistence of some people to buy me shots before the sun had even gone down. I knew I was not going to last past midnight at that rate and sure enough I was rolling myself out of the gutter and into a cab by 11:55pm. The only real bonus was that my bad self was functioning enough this morning to roll out to King St and do some shopping.
Riding back I went past the park and noticed that, yes, it will soon again be that time of year again.

Insert one fenced off park, temporary stage and about 50 portable loo's. Mix in about 3000 people and you have the Newtown Festival. By 3pm most of Newtown looks like a bad day in Bosnia. So think I'll be heading north for the day and venture back in the PM for a BBQ and a mates place near the park.
Despite the threat of rain, Lach's Birthday party featuring a slip n slide part was pretty much made of awesome today.

I had that moment where I was a little hesitant about having my skinny self in board shorts riding a hacked together slip n slide (within a public park!) but I have to say, it was the best party I've been to in a damn while! Birthday boy was the natural first cab of the rank to see if it would work.
In the end we had it all; stacks, spills, distance records and general good time having. See for yourself!
People in the surrounding 1960s and 1970s apartments blocks overlooking the park had a good laugh. I like that about the inner west, it's a bit rough around the edges but it can be inventively fun.
Riding back I went past the park and noticed that, yes, it will soon again be that time of year again.
Insert one fenced off park, temporary stage and about 50 portable loo's. Mix in about 3000 people and you have the Newtown Festival. By 3pm most of Newtown looks like a bad day in Bosnia. So think I'll be heading north for the day and venture back in the PM for a BBQ and a mates place near the park.
Despite the threat of rain, Lach's Birthday party featuring a slip n slide part was pretty much made of awesome today.
I had that moment where I was a little hesitant about having my skinny self in board shorts riding a hacked together slip n slide (within a public park!) but I have to say, it was the best party I've been to in a damn while! Birthday boy was the natural first cab of the rank to see if it would work.
http://au.youtube.com/profile?user=chatsville&view=videos
More spills and thrills.