nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


the roll of life

I'm not an automatic fan of change. So given that I've lost another family member, quit my job, decided to travel to Japan solo for a while and other such little things, I am not very surprised to find myself unsettled and reactive. It is the old issue of ruminating on things until they become more then they are, just simple proactive decisions about things worth doing.

So whilst the plans remain what they are, I think I'll give myself the luxury of some time to collect, map out and do. Stress time over.

I'm excited about my trip to catch up with Nicola next month in the nations finest capital. As I'm sure I will be about Japan once I have purchased my tickets and become a little more organised about Travel. In regards to work, yes it is sad to leave my old job because truth be truth, there are some great people I know I will not see again. But I commence something new and I resolve to continue the daily goal for a well balanced life that allows me to be content everyday. The unknown is just that and as such it will never be enough to stop a journey. Once the unknown is known, it becomes part of my ever expanding experience that I'm blessed to draw upon.

I've been really enjoying the vodcasts from ABC TV. A currently highlight has been the Not Quite Art series one and two. It's a well executed series that I would encourage anyone to check out. It's free to download and best of all it's DRM free. It also helped me to get out and check out a gallery opening of a friend of a friend which was nice. New spaces. New people. Also if you like your computer games culture be sure to check out Good Game, they have every episode available online also.

Today it was really nice to hang out in the hills and have breakfast at a cafe with family and follow that up with a coffee with Cam. In times of unease in life, it is nice to have people and space that connect you to the earth in a deep, peaceful and meaningful way. I think it is disappointing to see that so much of my weekday and weeknight life can sometimes we filled with things that at my core I know are not really me. I will change that but there is no point trying to force yourself to be somewhere you are not.

Hanging out with Cam I spied this advertisement on a nearby take away joint. I had a good laugh at it and thought it was worth a share. Now the humble Chicko Roll is certainly the worst "I'm currently drunk / I've got a hangover" food group ever created. But I truly believe that the fact it is still around in Australia is proof positive we have all given this one a bash sometime. What I love about this ad is that it is so representative of how cheap and distasteful the roll of death can be... but guys you know given enough beer, you will go there at least once in your life, against all the warnings inside your heart and head. To the humble Chicko Roll and it's poorer Mexican cousin, I salute you!

0 Responses to “the roll of life”

Post a Comment