nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


thisonesabitrandom

I'm reporting to you live from Kitty Smalls Mannor. Sunday morning and I somehow decided that getting up at 8am was a good thing. Don't ask me why because I have absolutly no idea! So here we are then... just you and me. Me munching on toast wondering what's blog worthy.

I think my home life is not working for me. In fact a lot of things do not seem to fit at the moment. There are some lessons to be learnt as always. I think that when it comes to being a flatmate I'm a pretty patient and reasonable guy. At least I will usually question my motivation behind my action before I say and do things. Prehaps that is my problem, I do not really give people feedback about what works for me. I also consider the choices that other people around me make to be just that. Choices they make. I has nothing to do with me. So it's a fact that I will always try not to judge people but rather just learn from the decisions they make. Sure I ususally do judge people but it is not something I aim for! But I guess there is this line right, whereby someones actions and the situation itself begins to impact your happiness. That's not cool. Anyway, the fact you could hear a mouse fart in the place really is a problem considering how quiet and low key I like things to be during the week. So it's 80% the space and 10% how it is used and 10% my attitude.

On Friday we had the works longest meeting where our CEO was 0wned by IT staff regarding the results of the latest employee survery. I think the way he handled it was really quiet amazing, you've got to hand it to those guys, they can certainly deal with a lot and quickly get to the point of what is going on... most importantly without taking it personally. The question of actually fixing the issues however, well that is something else right? It is funny because when you manage to sit a whole group of IT people down to have a Q and A session with the CEO and that same mouse is back. So being the type of person I am I step up and say the same thing I said 6 months ago. Get IT people on a blog or message board and then you'll recieve some honest truth.

On Firday night one of our business units hosted our Friday Afternoon Drinks. I knew it was going to be a winner when said CEO came riding through our office on a Scooter. Yeap, we are talking the kinda scooter you see ridden by women who only wished they actually living in Paris as the struggle across the expansion joints on the harbour bridge. Anyway, after and O, H and S intro like that you know it's going to be a good Friday night. Sure enough they had a PS3 setup with a full racing setup.

Was lots of fun, even the CEO of the whole company had a shot. I made it a run, because I'm not currently drinking, that everyone driving had to be holding a beer at the time. I think based soley on the fact that I was the only one not drinking, my lap record stood for a few hours.

Saturday night was cool, went to Lach's house warming and met some nice fokes. Here is a tip but, if you want to be the center of attention....


Become a cute puppy

I give you Indy, a real party show stopper...

Sunday was sailing then time with the family. All in all it was a good weekend, just not feeling it which is a shame.

0 Responses to “thisonesabitrandom”

Post a Comment