I've been reading, or more accurately put just trying to finish, Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down. I do not recommend this book but I did have one laugh out loud moment on the plane back from Cairns. I have been attempting to reduce my swearing from Whalfie levels because it is not really that attractive. I do it so much it is becoming a problem at work. Hence why I think I totally identify with this characters view of the English language.
Maybe it is time for a (virtual) swear jar?
"How do people, like, not curse? How is it possible? There are these gaps in speech where you just have to put a "fuck." I'll tell you who the most admirable people in the world are: newscasters. If that was me, I'd be like, "And the
motherfuckers flew the fucking plane right into the Twin Towers." How could you not, if you're a human being? Maybe they're not so admirable. Maybe they're robot zombies."
— Nick Hornby (A Long Way Down)
Maybe it is time for a (virtual) swear jar?
0 Responses to “swearing bear”
Post a Comment