nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


crossing the road

You have a wise spirit and advanced intellect and a strong faith in human nature.
- Fortune cookie, Istana 26/04/2008
Awoke yesterday to find I had left my car lights on last night. One. Dead. Battery. Lucky the NRMA did manage to arrive within the hour + S was cool enough to go down to our old local cafe to grab me from breaky. So with s, my car and I all charged it was off for a lovely *cough* day of house hunting.

S and I checked out around 6 or 7 places and found two we both thought were fab. The first one was a lovely corner top floor apartment just about 100 meters from where we both currently live. I think about 6 or 7 people turned up to that place, nothing compared to the 60 or so that turned up to the other place in Rozelle. That house was an absolutely charming little sandstone place. No doubt everyone who walked in fell in love with it. Our chance of obtaining it is slim but it's totally worth paying (and praying!) a little bit more for it. In retrospect it was not that great as a property but you just couldn't help but fall in love with it!

It was a much easier journey to look and assess new places to live this time. I like that sense that you have done something before so it's not so stressful or doubt ridden. I am taking a long term view of this whole find a place to live thing and not really too stressed about it. I'm not stressed about much actually which is surprising me. I'm either in denial or actually thinking with a level-head about the situation(s) going on in my life at the moment.

Last night Cam came over and we moved some of the last remaining Ikea related items to my folks place for storage. I'm so grateful to have a friend like him. In fact all my friends have been so helpful and supportive over this period of change. After the move, we went to Istana and chowed down on some food and have a chat.

Got back to my bed on the floor last night and couldn't sleep so I finished off Mark Haddon's 'The curious incident of the dog in the night-time'. The central character, Christopher is a very interesting kid. Having been assigned to one on one care for special needs kids during my time in after school care, I could strongly identify with this characters world view. I feel that their world view is in some ways a perspective we could probably all identify with if we took the time to understand it and work with it. At times I felt that Mark Haddon's description of Christopher's thoughts and actions were a little patronising but overall it was a good quick read. If you intend on reading this book please stop reading here (even though I will try to paraphrase it is such a way as to not give too much away!).

I really enjoyed the last paragraph as, whilst it is simply put, the core truth it rests on speaks volumes to personalities like me;
"And I know I can do this because I went to [x] on my own, and because I solved the mystery of Who Killed Wellington? and I found my [x] and I was brave and I wrote [x] and that means I can do anything"
The fact remains that if you can cross the road ([x]) you can do anything. There is so much evidence in each and everyones life (if you look with care) that we can do anything. We are all wise in someway. We are all brave in someway. We are all smart in someway. It is hard to find the evidence sometimes but it does exist, we were all given gifts to work with in this life. And we should all help each other realise this.

I'm looking forward to the new few months. There is change coming. Change that I will instigate and change that blows in from the south like an unexpected storm, but it is [x] nothing I cannot handle.

0 Responses to “crossing the road”

Post a Comment