Last night I caught up with family to see The White Album Concert @ the Sydney State Threatre. Featuring a full band with horn section, string orchestra and two drummer with full kit (cause one isn't enough) plus Josh Pyke, Tim Rogers, Phil Jamieson and Chris Cheney, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Most of the performances were beyond solid. Josh Pyke played the acoustic kid who I'm pretty sure made a few women in the audience swoon (and some men too). He has such an amazing voice. Tim Rogers proved that years of touring makes you a consummate performer who is as at home on stage as you are on your couch. Totally owned the space and was entertained as much as entertainer. Phil Jamieson is still acting confused and odd about himself. Still did a good job but I don't think I'll ever get past his onstage persona. My loss I guess. Finally Chris Cheney proves that doing post-punk and rock since the early 90s leads you to know how to rock an electric guitar and belt out a tune.
Today, after a late start to the day I met up with some friends for brunch at the local. Enjoying the unseaonably warm day with good food and friends. Tomorrow it's investigate the mystery issue with the WV Golf. After the dealer and others could not fault it I'm going to have a little look around myself. So far I've fixed one of the headlights. Saves spending any more money at this stage. In the process of reading these forums about my sometimes working Golf, I found a little article about converting the light in the keyring from a weird German bulb arrangement to a more powerful LED arrangement. After some dicking around at dick smith (ba boom tish) and significant help from my flatmate (i.e. when I gave up he finished it!) it has been done.
Today, after a late start to the day I met up with some friends for brunch at the local. Enjoying the unseaonably warm day with good food and friends. Tomorrow it's investigate the mystery issue with the WV Golf. After the dealer and others could not fault it I'm going to have a little look around myself. So far I've fixed one of the headlights. Saves spending any more money at this stage. In the process of reading these forums about my sometimes working Golf, I found a little article about converting the light in the keyring from a weird German bulb arrangement to a more powerful LED arrangement. After some dicking around at dick smith (ba boom tish) and significant help from my flatmate (i.e. when I gave up he finished it!) it has been done.
0 Responses to “the beetles and the golf”
Post a Comment