nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


let's try something different

So my new job has kicked off and it's all very new new new. Moving from a 60/80hr week at a bleeding-edge-of-everything digital agency to a local government role is like leaving the world championship 100 freestyle and going to the local pool for a game of Marco Polo. You are still in the water but the game has changed and the players are a little different. Will take my a while to grab my bearings but I am interested to see what I make of it. Certainly it is a big change in pace with a 35hr week and the option of a 9 day fortnight. It feels odd to have a job that sees me vacillate between writing a digital strategy to doing 12hrs on a service desk (and sometimes night shifts) a week. Not sure if it's the best use of my time or skills but hey, if everyone else in my team does it and I'm a team player so be it.

In other news I did take this job to have a better work / life balance. Now I've been saving my pennies to learn to fly but also considering doing a Cert IV in training and assessment. Either way it is going to be decision time now because this spare time is an opportunity that does not come along often. So what will be it be... get my GFPL, start own business or Cert IV. What about all three?

0 Responses to “let's try something different”

Post a Comment