nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


Nature Bonus

Today I went for a sail with some family friends in the lovely Pittwater. With a light northwesterly breeze we headed up from Horse Shoe cove towards Barrenjoey Head. The usual thing really, a nice winter sail. Then I noticed that all the boats had stopped around us. Most pointing in our general direction and some even with the old camera out.
I looked around us and we were not sinking. Looked up at the mast. Still there, check. Looked at the head and main sails. They where not on fire. Checked my fly. Nope, zipped up. Then our skipper yelled....
Dolphins!
I couldn't believe it. I've seen many fairy penguins, kites etc in my time on the boat, but dolphins playing in our bow wake... amazing. The pod was around 5 to 6 dolphins.

Now for the video...featuring random commentary from myself and others, with even some national pride! Go figure, like Australia has a monopoly on Dolphins or something? Still it is pretty cool that within 40 minutes from my place I can be sailing surrounded by nature and the odd Dolphin having some fun in the waves.

3 Responses to “Nature Bonus”

  1. # Blogger Bec-lah

    Majorly missing home......awww!!  

  2. # Blogger Unknown

    Lucky you! Did they stick around for long?  

  3. # Blogger nico

    Not for long, a few minutes. I think the fish was running.  

Post a Comment