nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


putting the ass in nickeass

Woke up on Sunday with a very sore arse. No kids, my recent relocation to working near Oxford St has not impacted my sexual orientation, rather I went horse riding with some mates on Sat. Ignoring the swarm of flies that seemed to follow us it was a great day and surprisingly physical. You'd like to think that the horse is doing the work so really it is just like riding a bike but without that much effort. Wrong. Very wrong.

Thankfully my trusty steed was a noble horse with an autopilot switch and a love of trotting along just doing what everyone else was doing. That said, obtaining the right sitting trot position was something I only managed to master about 10% of the time, leaving the other 90% to be a rather impacted journey for my little cheeks. I would include a photo but you know, TMI red card on that one.

With a pit stop at Pie in the Sky to smash a Lamb and Rosemary plus chocolate milkshake on the way home I was a happy, if not slightly sore, man. I always receive odd looks from people when I order a milkshake. I hate the idea that certain food and drink is age specific (well.. you won't see me cracking a tin of baby food anytime soon... but one black swan). I love a good milk shake and dammit I'll be happily drinking them to the day I die.

Today I decided that I'd had enough of overhead lighting so went off to Ikea with a $100 budget to purchase lifestyle number 2 in lamps. So with one desk, floor and feature light respectively (and X2 the budget) it was homeward bound. So 5 minutes in I had constructed two of the lamps but then I opened the very small box to commence work on the floor version of the Knappa Klover lamp.

I'd like to stress that I've always been quiet proud of my spacial awareness (as opposed to my spelling or grammar... math skills.... body... to name a few). This Ikea product took that away from me (in a 30 min fit of construction and deconstruction)...
...and gave it to my flatmate.

Hint: If you are single or live by yourself this product cannot be constructed without another person to hold the semi folded base together as you add every fold.

My flatmates final words after I thanked her about 50 times for doing it (in about 2 mins!), "It is not that hard. It is just a polyhedron mate". Lucky the final product is sexy as, otherwise I'd be piffing it off the balcony in rage sometime tonight.
"Look at it. Sitting in the corner. Mocking me!"

2 Responses to “putting the ass in nickeass”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    or the ass in Class......btw where's the other lampe?  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Love the light! Can't believe you braved IKEA! Pie in the sky - I'll be making a pit-stop there next week.  

Post a Comment