nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


cited

A few days ago I needed to grab a local copy of my Honours Thesis so I jumped onto Google and did a search for the published copy. I was shocked to find that according to Google my thesis had be cited by other people. Official academicy people. It gave me this instant feeling of embarrassment but mixed with pride. Who the heck would want to cite my work! I immediately devalued it but assuming it was the kind of reference you do at uni in essay form. You know, where you rip into an authors work, only to state your own brilliant work on the Logic of Self Referential Spacial Relationships in Post-Modernity (or something as general as that for a thesis :)). But the three out of four I could read (one was in Z-German) seems to casually point to my research and field work with at least a passing glace of acknowledgement. I'm so embarrassed to admit it but I'm kinda proud. I'm pretty sure when I'm older and grey I will return to teach and do a PHD at university but for now I'll sit of this one for a while.

1 Responses to “cited”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Nickywoo! So proud! - Kwoo  

Post a Comment