nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


life, please

In a few days it seems I'll be Japan bound once again. I'm looking forward to the adventure of traveling solo for a while before meeting up with friends for the good times that is Tokyo and any snow adventure. I would like to feel a little better but I've still got this cold a bit but I'm not surprised given the hours I'm doing at work. On that note I've decided that within reason the following is going to happen once I get back from Japan;
  • I'm going to work 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
  • On weekends, the laptop stays at work
  • If I miss a deliverable that someone else set, then the expectation was unreasonable
  • If I have a deliverable that I set that I cannot do between 8 and 6, I will work more to hit it but lesson learnt for next time
  • I can organise, commit and go to events during the week. Work doesn't own me after 6pm.
Now the big question will be, will I be able to stick to it? If not, I honestly believe I will be no asset to myself or the the company I work with. I'll just burn out. And more directly, I will have no choice but to leave and I don't want that.

1 Responses to “life, please”

  1. # Blogger Kimmywoo

    Sounds very sensible. Just make sure you stick with it!  

Post a Comment