nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


water driving

so my first day of riding to work went well. it's about 10-15 mins door to door but I think i'm going to have to ease up on the pace to work because I was so worn out upon arrival I lost the use of my feet. I think about a couple of months I'll be right to smash it in daily.

I had good old teriaki beef for lunch with my old flatmate which went for 3 hours due to good conversation. upon arrival back at my work my boss asked how my Japanese food was.

nico's brain: ahhh fark

i mentioned the food was good. he asked me who 'that blond' was, i knew he was just teasing me which was fair game and he'd expected the same from me... but then he adds 'cause mr x (CIO) and mr y (CTO) were just wondering who she was....

nico's mouth... when he actually meant brain: "ahhh man!"

so bashed a few more products whilst I consider how far I had now limited my career. Hung around for a bit longer then usual as i patiently waiting for the massive 3 second storm to pass over sydney before I have a lovely ride home. i'd left my window open in my room so I had to clean my room up from a bit of water works but all's good. head out to the alley way to get my car to go see my kitty and the cheat, open the door and look down ....

nico's mouth: farrrrken!

yep, whole of the car floor is covered in water. like 30cms of water. you know i was not enjoying having to street park on the bases of it being a bitch to find all day parking as it was... but this really got me pissed off. i'm so over not having a car space right now but fair i fair, i agreed to it when i moved in so just got to wear that one. so about 1 hour of bailing out the car most of the water is gone but things inside are;

a) water soked
b) already getting stinky
c) a very deep shade of oily black.
d) a few items are swimming in said oil

lovely!

not to be defeated, I go to work on the engine and check the electronics. I get the old girl started, bail on cheat and head to the hills knowing full well that all i need is the wet vacuum cleaner and a heater or 3. the clutch is fairly gone but all the lights and electronics are ok. considering she's been underwater at a unknown depth for an unknown period of time... it's not to bad.

so last night and today i've spent at my parents place. so far i've sucked out 2 buckets full of water and now i've taken it too the next level with one heater hacked together to my mum's leaf blower. mini tornado of heat but it's doing the job.

fingers crossed for minimal sticky smells kids!

0 Responses to “water driving”

Post a Comment