10:00am on a Tuesday, in bed sick and bored beyond belief. Kitty to my right curled up in a ball. At least someone is happy to have a human home for warmth. Kitty has been a little sick again, she's aging faster and faster but still pulling punches at the vet so I figure she's got another year or 2 in her. This is the 3rd time this season I've had a cold. I'm fairly certain that my lifestyle isn't helping. Do some freakin exercise man!


The rest of the UK/NL trip was good. Wedding was a little strange but for good to see everyone. i seemed to forget that eu weddings are a little more formal than Australian events. It must be said that our hotel in Amsterdam was mad and a great way to spend some time together, checkin out a funny city. It must also be said that after drinking pints, having a local beer I felt like asking, so where is the rest? Speaking of mind altering behaviour, Amsterdam was also funny from a 'it ain't like the rest of holland kinda'. You know the moment you really love your girlfriend when she is the one insisting to visit the red light district. Back to the UK I had a final pub dinner with Robyn, Asher, Beck-zilla and Greg that hit the spot. Coming home to Sydney citywise is lovely, MWP's bag and contents was lucky to make it back alive, with a massive crack in it and her jewellery bag just hanging out the bag but a literately thread. The flight back was well… heading west which always sucks a little but the plane wasn't full so I got two seats. Wicked!



So first week back turns out some colleges from work are planning a ski trip, game on. I'd like to emphasis that my credit card was ok at this stage. No so ok now. Was a fun trip with big ups to Irene for organising everything? I was the token skier amongst the more experienced people on the snow. Thanks to GK, Mike and Steve for ripping it up with us. In my 2 days on the snow I don't think I've ever pushed myself so much. Still managed to fall over in a lift queue, bit of a tradition I manage to do every year. Gumby!
On the back of that, I heading to Sydney early Sunday to catch Youth Group, Silverchair, Powderfinger and special guest Jimi Barns! Was made of fun. In the bleaches was a little strange at first but mwp and I were heaps close to the stage. I felt powderfinger got the crowd a little more but it was very adult contemporary. Yes, me include I'm sure. Ah well… Was a killer birthday present and I had much fun, particular when I recorded the fingers final songs, 'Sunsets' and 'These Days' on the cheats camera and all you can hear is me belting out the song completely out of tune!


So back in the grind and I seem to have some more job offers. It is interesting timing and such… oh damn kitty just left fluffy of the chain. Nasty! Darkness!
….ok I'm back *cough* Had a nice Spring Sydney Sunday last weekend. Went to have milkshakes on the beach for brunch with MWP, then some factor outlet birthday presents shopping, nothing says caring but fiscally conscious more then factory outlet present shopping. Haha. In the arvo went to check out the Earth Dance festival on the back of a last minute reminder from Mike W. Also ran into a few people from way back, including Warren Yu from Sydney and one other person from my high school I managed to avoid. Shudder. Post-festival I began to feel the symptoms of my 130th cold, so I headed over to si's to make him laugh sooo much it hurt (just out of hospital after an operation…but living with a lovely med student who playing experiment with the post-op guy) and break his couch. Lovely. Leila cooked up a plate of awesome and it was good company and food. I'm pretty sure that sentence is how you describe adult contemporary life at urbandictionary.com.




So we kick push kick push coast…


The rest of the UK/NL trip was good. Wedding was a little strange but for good to see everyone. i seemed to forget that eu weddings are a little more formal than Australian events. It must be said that our hotel in Amsterdam was mad and a great way to spend some time together, checkin out a funny city. It must also be said that after drinking pints, having a local beer I felt like asking, so where is the rest? Speaking of mind altering behaviour, Amsterdam was also funny from a 'it ain't like the rest of holland kinda'. You know the moment you really love your girlfriend when she is the one insisting to visit the red light district. Back to the UK I had a final pub dinner with Robyn, Asher, Beck-zilla and Greg that hit the spot. Coming home to Sydney citywise is lovely, MWP's bag and contents was lucky to make it back alive, with a massive crack in it and her jewellery bag just hanging out the bag but a literately thread. The flight back was well… heading west which always sucks a little but the plane wasn't full so I got two seats. Wicked!



So first week back turns out some colleges from work are planning a ski trip, game on. I'd like to emphasis that my credit card was ok at this stage. No so ok now. Was a fun trip with big ups to Irene for organising everything? I was the token skier amongst the more experienced people on the snow. Thanks to GK, Mike and Steve for ripping it up with us. In my 2 days on the snow I don't think I've ever pushed myself so much. Still managed to fall over in a lift queue, bit of a tradition I manage to do every year. Gumby!
On the back of that, I heading to Sydney early Sunday to catch Youth Group, Silverchair, Powderfinger and special guest Jimi Barns! Was made of fun. In the bleaches was a little strange at first but mwp and I were heaps close to the stage. I felt powderfinger got the crowd a little more but it was very adult contemporary. Yes, me include I'm sure. Ah well… Was a killer birthday present and I had much fun, particular when I recorded the fingers final songs, 'Sunsets' and 'These Days' on the cheats camera and all you can hear is me belting out the song completely out of tune!


So back in the grind and I seem to have some more job offers. It is interesting timing and such… oh damn kitty just left fluffy of the chain. Nasty! Darkness!
….ok I'm back *cough* Had a nice Spring Sydney Sunday last weekend. Went to have milkshakes on the beach for brunch with MWP, then some factor outlet birthday presents shopping, nothing says caring but fiscally conscious more then factory outlet present shopping. Haha. In the arvo went to check out the Earth Dance festival on the back of a last minute reminder from Mike W. Also ran into a few people from way back, including Warren Yu from Sydney and one other person from my high school I managed to avoid. Shudder. Post-festival I began to feel the symptoms of my 130th cold, so I headed over to si's to make him laugh sooo much it hurt (just out of hospital after an operation…but living with a lovely med student who playing experiment with the post-op guy) and break his couch. Lovely. Leila cooked up a plate of awesome and it was good company and food. I'm pretty sure that sentence is how you describe adult contemporary life at urbandictionary.com.




So we kick push kick push coast…
0 Responses to “So we kick… push... coast”
Post a Comment