Hit me this afternoon that I was coming down with something. Doh! I'm going to aim for an early one tonight. I do not have time for a cold. So garlic bread and pasta it is.
I've been noticing that walking around with a sling seems to be an open invitation for anyone to have a conversation about the time they fractured their shoulder/ACJ etc. I'm not complaining but I just never knew that so many people in this world have, at some point, decided to fracture their respective shoulder(s). I average about 1 to 2 people a day starting a conversation with me. Today we had Barry the building contractor who told me about the merits of Japanese Yoga helping him recover ("the Dr said I could never work in a trade again... I told him to shove it and found this place called 'The Yoga House'. Best bloody thing I ever did"). Good on you Barry I say. Then grabbing some dinner on the way home, Pizza boy asked me if it was the ACJ or clavicle I'd busted. You know they are Shoulder Injury Veterans (SIV's) when they don't ask if you broke your shoulder, preferring to go all technical on you from the get up. He said that he just let it heal and it's ok now, bit of a bump but it doesn't hurt or anything. "I did it falling into a hole..." It appears his sister had been unexpectedly digging a series of holes around the backyard and he feel into one...unexpectedly. I was not sure if I should leave that one alone but I couldn't help but mention that maybe his sister was trying to tell him something. Pizza boy was just disappointed he didn't get to play in the big football game the next day.
In random news to hand, I'm thinking of learning Dutch again. Not sure why, should I do it? Hmmm.... Well given that Man-date-Monday is cancelled I'd better get my chill on.
I've been noticing that walking around with a sling seems to be an open invitation for anyone to have a conversation about the time they fractured their shoulder/ACJ etc. I'm not complaining but I just never knew that so many people in this world have, at some point, decided to fracture their respective shoulder(s). I average about 1 to 2 people a day starting a conversation with me. Today we had Barry the building contractor who told me about the merits of Japanese Yoga helping him recover ("the Dr said I could never work in a trade again... I told him to shove it and found this place called 'The Yoga House'. Best bloody thing I ever did"). Good on you Barry I say. Then grabbing some dinner on the way home, Pizza boy asked me if it was the ACJ or clavicle I'd busted. You know they are Shoulder Injury Veterans (SIV's) when they don't ask if you broke your shoulder, preferring to go all technical on you from the get up. He said that he just let it heal and it's ok now, bit of a bump but it doesn't hurt or anything. "I did it falling into a hole..." It appears his sister had been unexpectedly digging a series of holes around the backyard and he feel into one...unexpectedly. I was not sure if I should leave that one alone but I couldn't help but mention that maybe his sister was trying to tell him something. Pizza boy was just disappointed he didn't get to play in the big football game the next day.
In random news to hand, I'm thinking of learning Dutch again. Not sure why, should I do it? Hmmm.... Well given that Man-date-Monday is cancelled I'd better get my chill on.
0 Responses to “ik ben moo”
Post a Comment