nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


traveling in style

I'm amazed how many people ride to work as shown below. Considering it's a rainy day today also.

My work has some good facilities which I think make the reality of riding to work much more viable for heaps of people. Now imagine the RTA and local councils actually got together and sorted some more bike paths out! I mean bike paths that actually go somewhere and are interconnected (*cough* St Johns Rd Glebe case in point). Sydney would be that more livable for everyone.

But I think whomever parked this in the garage at work deserves a gold medal.
Our office is located about 200 metres from Sydney Harbour, there is a pretty little wharf I someone sit and look out from. I just have this image of some person getting out a kayak and rolling it down the street and into the garage. Style points = 100 Actually I was riding my sisters bike back home yesterday, over the Anzac bridge, and this guy overtakes me and yells out 'snap'. It took me a good 5 seconds to work out what he meant. He pointed to his bike, exactly the same. Style points for snapping someone = 30.

So tonight I'm trying to pack light but well for my Japanese adventure. Need to go shopping for some gifts to take for the Japanese people I'll be meeting. I think Nicola deserves the 'weird goods from home request' award. We have;
  • toothpaste with fluoride
  • Bernadene mixture
  • 1 pack of green curry powder
  • 1 book
  • yen
  • and a baseball glove
I just love the random baseball glove. Style points = 20 kg. I'm actually quite nervous for some reason but I know I'll feel better when I have everything packed and I'm ready to go.

1 Responses to “traveling in style”

  1. # Blogger Kimmywoo

    Yeah! Kyack to work! How cool is that?!!

    You are so lucky to have those great facilities at work. I have a dingy shower which I have to share with the cafe toilet and I have to bring my own towel :(

    Hope you're having fun in Japan!  

Post a Comment