nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


RIP Gumby

guess i'm living out of the hills now... and a have purchased a 1997 nissian micra. it's green... and called gumby. it's probably going to end in tragedy with me slamming it into a wall.

Famous last words.

Well, as Reba once talked about, love affairs can end in a fire ball of tragedy. She was of course referring to he recently acquired car, Stavros. A few days ago, an acquaintance of mine mentioned that I’d finally purchased a ‘Nasty Nissan’ and I joked that like all loves, it was going to probably end in Greek tragedy.

Yep, Gumby is no more. Today he took on a u-turning mother in a Subaru and lost. Jokes aside it was totally bad. Riding back to work after submitting MWP’s VISA application, came off a main road and saw a Subaru with it’s indicator on in a parking spot. Slowed down a bit, figured they had seen me, then one car length away and suddenly I’m looking at the rear passenger panel of a family sedan with 2 kids. So I decided to visit the other side of the road and I hit her driver’s side front bumper. Poor Gumby’s passenger side front panel bore the brunt of the impact, with the passenger door taking the rest of it. I figured I could drive the car away after it had all gone down but trying to turn the old girl over, I got nothing. Thank God the kids in the other car were ok. The lady was pretty quick to admit fault for the accident, which it totally was, but not the best thing to say. That was until the husband arrived. Either way, after doing the insurance thing, it’s clear she is at fault, but you never know how this is all going to turn out. Should I do a police report? I think once it’s settled, hopefully easily, I’ll have 6 weeks to find a new car. To be honest, I don’t know if I’ll be able to afford buying a new car. And really, can Gumby be replaced. Such a rare and lovely car. Still my mate cam has had a string of great cars, the first one called ‘the corona’ was stolen and blown up, the Gemmi blew a piston. Both very memorable cars. So perhaps there is hope for a cool car. But for now I morn the loss. Meh, just material things.

At the car grave yard, I really hoped that they could repair Gumby, but looking at him I realized the fact they couldn’t really do anything for a car that old. You know, not being able to open the glovebox or open the passanger door means some serious damaged. And on that note, no one was hurt which is a bonus! I don’t think I could have lived with myself should I of rear ended that car with the kids in the back.

On a lighter note, it’s the second time a Subaru Liberty has hit a car I’m driving. Actually, last time it was a person doing an illegal u-turn over the double white lines also. Having driven one one my P’s that have this really big blind spot between the read drivers side passenger window and the tailgate. I think my history of run-ins is proof of that. Oh well. Lord knows how I’m going to get the daily things of life done without a car. But I’m sure I’ll find out soon enough.

RIP Gumby
May 06 - Setp 06
'He made everyone smile...
...but the kids in the back of a Subaru cry'

1 Responses to “RIP Gumby”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh little bro. Poor Gumby! I feel so bad for you! Hugs.  

Post a Comment