nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


creative moment

"We don't grow in to creativity, we grow out of it. Or rather, we get educated out of it" - Sir Ken Robinson

Every now and again, I stumble across something that really clicks. Sure post modernism signalled the death of the grand narrative, but in my reality I still love a theory that holds true... or in a post modern world prehaps I should say, "holds true for me." Is it just me, or is post modernism an excuse for the selfish exploration of the ourself without account? No, it's not I'm sure... if I was still at university I'd even know that. But then I would still be at university, hiding in my bubble from the real world.

Ok, focus Nico. Back to the quote. I must congradulate TED (Tecnhology, Education, & Design) for making the presentations from the 2006 convention avaliable on the intermaweb. One particular presentation that struck a cord with me was Sir Robinsons regarding education and creativity. Check it out here (and in other formats, here). I think he makes some striking points. So have a look and tell me what you think.
"What this tells us is, kids will take a chance. If they don't know, they will have a go. They are not frightened of being wrong. Now I'm not saying that being wrong is the same as being creative. What we do know is, if your not prepared to be wrong, you will never come up with anything original." - Sir Ken Robinson
So in a world fill with unknowns, I'm off to have a go. For a person like me, the biggest thing holding me back is... well... me. Now THAT is my selfish exploration of the self; documented and unaccounted for :) then again, someone might leave a comment.

0 Responses to “creative moment”

Post a Comment