nickelass

because beauty is in the eye of the tiger


one star at a time

After working on the monday of the long weekend i have proceeded to have a 'week of Mondays'. only 1 of the 3 products I intended to have fully tested on the Monday was actually ready to be tested. Was a bad start to a bad week. i could have walked away from it all this week. since Dave the Tasmanian has left and Irene is on holidays work hasn't really been fun. emo jen is also exiting stage left which is good for her but i will also miss her personality. i have my testing course and exam coming up this week which is great. still the snap move from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0 is turning out to be as unstructured and thought out, hence painful, as I expected. So looks like it will be a few weeks of coping shit from the business and throwing out build process, release process and a few other babies... maybe a bit of bathwater for good measure. now now, i know, just focus on what you can contribute to... still made of frustration at the mo.

Winters has but arrived according to both sydney-siders and notorious PUD.


if she was anymore wrapped up in the fetal position she'd fold into the 4th dimension! i seem to have forgotten how lovely and wild winter can be. mwp has a serious addition to the PS2 at the moment which is funny, now attempting to do Lego Star Wars I and II with a perfect score.

Since seeing Trailer Park Boys: The Movies, i've had the closing credits tune stuck in my head. It's by that under-rated Canadian band, The Tragically Hip. Tracks called Bobcaygeon (Youtube). Whilst it is no doubt that the tune holds much significance for the average Canadian, for me it just reminded my how lovely it is to be make the choice to return home to your loved one after being lost in the world.

left your house this morning about a quarter after nine
Coulda been the Willie Nelson, coulda been the wine
When I left your house this morning
It was a little after nine
It was in Bobcaygeon I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time

Drove back to town this morning with working on my mind
I thought of maybe quitting
Thought of leaving it behind
Went back to bed this morning
And as I'm pulling down the blind
The sky was dull and hypothetical
And falling one cloud at a time

That night in Toronto with its checkerboard floors
Riding on horseback and keeping order restored
Til the men they couldn't hang
Stepped to the mic and sang
And their voices rang with that Aryan twang

I got to your house this morning just a little after nine
In the middle of that riot
Couldn't get you off my mind
So I'm at your house this morning
Just a little after nine
Cause it was in Bobcaygeon where I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time.

- Tragically Hip, The > Bobcaygeon
So as it pours down from the heavens. i may have doubts of giving it all up work wise but i know that i can always return to where the stars reveal themselves one at a time, smile and know anything and everything is possible.

3 Responses to “one star at a time”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Don't stress soon you'll be away from work and enjoying lovely Europe!  

  2. # Blogger Kimmywoo

    Kitty Smalls has re-discovered the heater (heeeeeaaattttaaaah) and is subsequently covered in oil column heater stripes.  

  3. # Blogger nico

    Yeah as I type this PUD is sitting on the arm of the couch with one paw hanging off the edge Gangsta style!  

Post a Comment