a little angle called jes phoned me last night (no homo) to offer me some temp work at university. jes is a mate who was in my lab with me last year doing honours. now i've had many a uni job, so it's handy to be working their again. In fact, this job is a life saver because i was getting sooo board looking for jobs and getting rejections. Plus is pays baby! Oh yeah, time to get some work shoes and get myself kitted up for corporate horing. I'm also working with a few other mates from the old lab, both of whom are the funniest girls i know. So good collegue, good pay and something to do. I've landed on my feet their. Big thanks to the jess!
In other news it turns out that a company i'd recently applied for and got a rejection for because, as i quote "Due to overwhelming response, we regret to inform you that we are unable to progress your application further at this point in time". She made it to the final stage! She is so going to get it and i couldn't be happer for her, but i really cements my view that i'm not getting interviews because of the name of my degree. We both did Information Systems honours, we are both intelligent, did similar courses etc. So it's obvious that i'm not getting past the inbuilt boxes that art's degree's get dumped in. bugger. the solution is getting smarter about it, so temp work it is to get la foot in da door. speaking of which, it all happens at once doesn't it. filled out a form for a temp agency yesterday and got asked for my resume today. sent it off, hope to hear from them again soon. would be nice to get a induction interview with them so they can at least give me some feedback.
now getting to the subject title... this really weird world. ok so i'd be the first to confess i havn't been getting out much of late. with no job i've been sticking to the home, doing jobs apps etc. if i was going out it was at night in my silky (the car's name). so i was back to my roots riding cityrail today, on the way home a teenage couple got on at TAFE station with one 20ish lady. I think the coulple had the combined IQ of around 100 and the 20ish lady held around 110 in her own right. As much as i really did not want to listen to the conversation they insisted in sitting close to me in an empty cariage. the lady was trying to engage in conversation but our couple should there age and IQ with an inability to understand social conventions. I mean who does as a teenager, it's all about you and what you want. Still, this lady was pretty damn direct herself. In anycase, the couple hopped off a few stop latter. I went back to reading about Cuba then I heard some strange sounds like someone had their walkman (these days Ipod...i'm showing my age!) up loud. I look ahead, nup, no ear phones in her ears, no one behind me. The noise of the moving train made the sound come and go, rise and fall. It took me a while but sure enough the lady in front of me was singing some type of tune, sounded like she was trained. My few years involved in a place where i heard a cathedral chior belt out hyms makes me fairly sure when i'm listening to a trained voice. In my younger days this whole type of behaviour would have shitted me big time. I'm a big personal space person with the expectation at everyone should not disturb each other unless invited. It's a case of sit down, shut up and read. But for some reason i've stop trying to think the worst of people around me and just accepting as much of what others do within reason. I just figured she wanted to sing, she seemed a nervious type, maybe it helped her. So i listen to her tune as i read the article. I recognised some of the lyrics and realise these were catholic hymns.
Speaking of tunes, heard 50 Cent's "21 questions" today. Never really heard anything by this guy but listening to lyrics I got a few things to say
/me puff's up his chest and approaches 50 cent and his 29 body guards
Now for those without the hip-hop gangsta bullshit that i'm all for (not seriously, i think the shit is funny...), this is a selection of the lyrics:
And so on. Yawn. Anyway, my point. Why ask 21 questions when you all know that my 5 cent couldn't answer his own 21 questions. Look the line "I'll ask 21 questions, and they're all about us" is bull. It's all about him having some chick who is a yes girl. Does he expect that he'll be cool if a mate says that he seen this girl with another guy. Pfft, please.
My point (took me long enough hey), in relationships don't bother with the 21 questions unless you expect the EXACT same behaviour from yourself. If you cannot even live up to them or share the same expectations then bugger you.
Oh and i know... criticlly analysing 5 cent is like looking for truth in a ceral packet.
Now for a real good gangsta album i'm more into Cam'ron's Purple Haze. The usual sexist lyrics, homophobia tones and general misbehaviour but at least your 12 year old cuz from the getto (i.e. Castle Hill hahaha) doesn't know all the lyrics.
Feel my white boy pain...biaaaatch
In other news it turns out that a company i'd recently applied for and got a rejection for because, as i quote "Due to overwhelming response, we regret to inform you that we are unable to progress your application further at this point in time". She made it to the final stage! She is so going to get it and i couldn't be happer for her, but i really cements my view that i'm not getting interviews because of the name of my degree. We both did Information Systems honours, we are both intelligent, did similar courses etc. So it's obvious that i'm not getting past the inbuilt boxes that art's degree's get dumped in. bugger. the solution is getting smarter about it, so temp work it is to get la foot in da door. speaking of which, it all happens at once doesn't it. filled out a form for a temp agency yesterday and got asked for my resume today. sent it off, hope to hear from them again soon. would be nice to get a induction interview with them so they can at least give me some feedback.
now getting to the subject title... this really weird world. ok so i'd be the first to confess i havn't been getting out much of late. with no job i've been sticking to the home, doing jobs apps etc. if i was going out it was at night in my silky (the car's name). so i was back to my roots riding cityrail today, on the way home a teenage couple got on at TAFE station with one 20ish lady. I think the coulple had the combined IQ of around 100 and the 20ish lady held around 110 in her own right. As much as i really did not want to listen to the conversation they insisted in sitting close to me in an empty cariage. the lady was trying to engage in conversation but our couple should there age and IQ with an inability to understand social conventions. I mean who does as a teenager, it's all about you and what you want. Still, this lady was pretty damn direct herself. In anycase, the couple hopped off a few stop latter. I went back to reading about Cuba then I heard some strange sounds like someone had their walkman (these days Ipod...i'm showing my age!) up loud. I look ahead, nup, no ear phones in her ears, no one behind me. The noise of the moving train made the sound come and go, rise and fall. It took me a while but sure enough the lady in front of me was singing some type of tune, sounded like she was trained. My few years involved in a place where i heard a cathedral chior belt out hyms makes me fairly sure when i'm listening to a trained voice. In my younger days this whole type of behaviour would have shitted me big time. I'm a big personal space person with the expectation at everyone should not disturb each other unless invited. It's a case of sit down, shut up and read. But for some reason i've stop trying to think the worst of people around me and just accepting as much of what others do within reason. I just figured she wanted to sing, she seemed a nervious type, maybe it helped her. So i listen to her tune as i read the article. I recognised some of the lyrics and realise these were catholic hymns.
Speaking of tunes, heard 50 Cent's "21 questions" today. Never really heard anything by this guy but listening to lyrics I got a few things to say
/me puff's up his chest and approaches 50 cent and his 29 body guards
Now for those without the hip-hop gangsta bullshit that i'm all for (not seriously, i think the shit is funny...), this is a selection of the lyrics:
If I feel off tomorrow would you still love me?
If I didn't smell so good would you still hug me?
If I got locked up and sentenced to a quarter century,
Could I count on you to be there to support me mentally?
If I went back to a hoopty from a Benz, would you poof and disappear like
some of my friends?
.......
It's easy to love me now
Would you love me if I was down and out?
Would you still have love for me?
.....
Could you love me in a Bentley?
Could you love me on a bus?
I'll ask 21 questions, and they all about us
.......
If I was with some other chick and someone happened to see?
And when you asked me about it I said it wasn't me
Would you believe me? Or up and leave me?
How deep is our bond if that's all it takes for you to be gone?
And so on. Yawn. Anyway, my point. Why ask 21 questions when you all know that my 5 cent couldn't answer his own 21 questions. Look the line "I'll ask 21 questions, and they're all about us" is bull. It's all about him having some chick who is a yes girl. Does he expect that he'll be cool if a mate says that he seen this girl with another guy. Pfft, please.
My point (took me long enough hey), in relationships don't bother with the 21 questions unless you expect the EXACT same behaviour from yourself. If you cannot even live up to them or share the same expectations then bugger you.
Oh and i know... criticlly analysing 5 cent is like looking for truth in a ceral packet.
Now for a real good gangsta album i'm more into Cam'ron's Purple Haze. The usual sexist lyrics, homophobia tones and general misbehaviour but at least your 12 year old cuz from the getto (i.e. Castle Hill hahaha) doesn't know all the lyrics.
Feel my white boy pain...biaaaatch
0 Responses to “the real weird world”
Post a Comment